Rules to wear Rudraksha
Rudraksha is very powerful and auspicious beads.
The wearer and the worshipper of Rudraksha are blessed with prosperity, peace and health. To take maximum benefits of these auspicious beads, one should follow below mentioned precautions…
1. First one should do Sidhhi ( method of purification & charging with Mantra) for Rudraksha, performing the prayers and ritual rites for its sanctification and Hawanet etc after that it should be worn on auspicious day, Monday or Thursday.
2. Rudraksha Mantra is to be chanted daily 9 times in the morning when one is going to wear Rudraksha after bath and after removing before going to bed. (Rudraksha must be removed before going to sleep and must be kept at the puja place.
3. It must not be touched before bathing. One should clean his hands properly after using toilet.
4. One should not eat non vegetarian food and should not take alcohol. He should speak truth always and should pray to Lord Shiva for his blessings.
5. Rudraksha must not be taken to the cremation grounds and funerals. Also it must not be taken to the place while visiting to see a new born baby.
6. NEVER wear the Rudraksha while having sex.
7. WOMEN must not wear the Rudraksha during their menstrual cycle.
8. ALWAYS keep your Rudraksha clean. Dust and dirt can settle in the pores of the bead. Clean these as frequently as possible with something with soft, fine bristles. If the thread becomes dirty or worn out, change it. After cleaning, wash your Rudraksha with some blessed holy water. This helps maintain its sanctity.
9. ALWAYS keep the Rudraksha oiled. After regular cleaning, oil the bead and treat it with incense. This is of UTMOST importance, especially when not using the bead for sometime, or storing it for a while.
10. Rudraksha is hot in nature. Some people just can't wear it. Their skin shows signs of allergy. They can never wear any gold, silver or thread chain. So better not to use. Keeps the beads in Puja room and offer daily Namaskars.
11. Many get confused with the shape and size. One should not seriously worry about it. Just see that the Mukhi is well defined, corns and contours are natural, and there are no cracks near the central hole. Normally the buyer gets a feel when Rudraksha is kept in the palm. He/She feels that this is the one which was wanted.